If you’re like most people who have tried diets, you’ve come to realize that dieting for weight loss simply isn’t a long term solution. Just some of the reasons why:
- Yes, you may lose weight, but the fact is that the vast majority who lose weight by dieting will regain it in 1-5 years. Being that dieting, by definition, is a temporary food plan, it won’t work in the long run. Moreover, the deprivation of restrictive diets may lead to a diet-overeat or diet-binge cycle. And since your body doesn’t want you to starve, it responds to overly-restrictive diets by slowing your metabolism which, of course, makes it harder to lose weight.
- Fad diets can be harmful. For example, they may lack essential nutrients. Moreover, they teach you nothing about healthy eating. Subsequently, when you’ve completed your fad diet, you simply boomerang back to the unhealthy eating patterns that caused your weight gain in the first place. This is the beginning of “yo-yo dieting,” which can bring its own health problems in its wake.
- Overly restrictive diets can take all the pleasure out of eating. There’s no reason to lose your appetite and the foods you love in order to lose weight!
- Dieting, along with the frequent and compulsive weighing that accompanies it, can lead to eating disorders. Studies have shown that people who diet are eight times as likely to develop an eating disorder as those who don’t.
The Slim4Life Common Sense Approach to Permanent Weight Loss
At Slim4Life, we understand that the first step towards permanent and healthy weight loss is to start a lifestyle change. Start with a healthy eating plan that you can live with and enjoy for life! The best answer to dieting is a lifelong program of everyday healthy, pleasurable eating coupled with regular support.
Call Slim4Life today!
If you’re ready to make a real commitment to permanent weight loss, give Slim4Life a call today.
Our proven approach is based on Common Sense principles, including:
- Experience. Founded in 1979, Slim4Life was created and designed by a team of medical doctors, nutritionists and counseling psychologists. This unique blend of experts has led to successful and permanent weight loss for hundreds of thousands of clients over the years. At Slim4Life, we’ve never cut corners. We invest in the best for the benefit of our clients!
- Knowledge. Along the same lines, we’ve worked with a wide variety of clients with all sorts of weight issues throughout the years. We’ve worked closely with each client on their individual needs and stuck with them through thick and thin (literally!) until they achieved their goals. The knowledge we’ve gained is invaluable – and it’s just one more reason why Slim4Life has become the name to trust for permanent weight loss!
- Support. Common sense also tells us that people need support and encouragement to lose weight and keep it off. Our one-on-one counseling at Slim4Life is focused on providing all the support and tools you need in order to develop the confidence and self-discipline it takes to maintain your weight loss for years to come. At Slim4Life, you’re never alone!
With the holiday season here and the New Year coming, it’s time to change your lifestyle and get on the road to permanent weight loss. With Slim4Life’s guidance and counseling – and your commitment and dedication – we can make it happen. Together! Make an appointment today!