If you ask most people why they’re interested in weight loss, they’ll tell you it’s to look and feel better. And that’s completely understandable. After all, when you look and feel better, you have more confidence and enjoy life more! At Slim4Life, we recognize the important intangible and emotional benefits of weight loss, but we also know that maintaining the proper weight is vital for one’s health. That’s why our acclaimed weight loss program was designed by a team lead by medical doctors and nutritionists.
Following are just some of the reasons why Slim4Life puts the health and well-being of our clients at the top of the list when it comes to our weight loss program.
· Lower cholesterol. Being overweight is linked to high levels of LDL, which is the “bad” type of cholesterol. As LDL cholesterol circulates through your blood, it can deposit plaque in your arteries, narrowing them – which can lead to heart attack or stroke. The healthy diet of the Slim4Life weight loss program can help increase your HDL cholesterol, which is the “good” type of cholesterol that stops LDL from depositing on your artery walls. Permanent weight loss can lower your cholesterol by more than 10%.
· Lower Blood Pressure. Blood pressure measures the pressure on your artery walls, so if you have plaque buildup in your arteries, your blood pressure will be high. Hypertension thickens the walls of the heart, leaving them stiff and prone to heart failure. As the heart works harder, blood vessels in the kidneys can be damaged, which can lead to kidney failure. Weight loss through a healthy diet and exercise will decrease your blood pressure, subsequently protecting your heart and kidneys.
· Reduced Risk for Heart Attacks. Excessive plaque buildup can result in dangerously narrowed arteries. In the case of a heart attack, your coronary artery becomes completely blocked, cutting off the oxygen that your heart muscle needs, with possibly fatal results. Weight loss can result in a significant risk reduction for heart attacks!
· Reduced Risk for Diabetes. The more excess weight on your body, the less sensitive your cells become to insulin, the hormone that manages the movement of sugar into your cells. Being overweight puts you at a high risk for developing type 2 diabetes, where your body’s cells become resistant to insulin and cannot function properly as a result. By controlling your weight, you’ll increase your response to insulin, in turn decreasing your risk for diabetes.
· Reduced Risk for Sleep Apnea. When you’re overweight, extra tissue thickens your windpipe wall, narrowing your airway. Consequently, the size of your tongue and tonsils become a threat to the narrowed airway – especially when you’re sleeping, and can cause a life-threatening condition known as sleep apnea. In sleep apnea, an unsuccessful effort to take in air results in a dangerously low oxygen level while you’re sleeping. Your brain shocks your body awake to keep you alive. Losing weight will widen your windpipe, helping you sleep through the night and reduce your risk for developing sleep apnea.
· Reduced Joint Pain. Being overweight puts substantial pressure on your joints. For each extra pound of excess weight on your body, you add three times that amount of pressure on your knees. This means that 10 extra pounds equates to 30 pounds of pressure grinding down. And when walking up stairs, multiply your extra weight by seven. Thirty pounds of pressure just became 70 pounds. Over time, this force wears away your cartilage, leaving an area of arthritis. Proper and permanent weight loss can result in as much as a 50% decrease in your odds of developing osteoarthritis!
· Reduced Risk for Cancer. Most people don’t know that obesity also increases the risk of cancer – but it can due to fat cells releasing large amounts of hormones that can fuel many cancers. The risk for several types of cancer declines when you lose weight and keep it off.
Call Slim4Life today!
Our proven weight loss program at Slim4Life is based on healthy eating. It’s so simple, yet so true.
For the sake of your health and well-being, we hope you’ll call Slim4Life today and get started on the path to permanent weight loss! With our guidance and counseling – and your commitment and dedication – we can make it happen. Together! Make an appointment today!