Enjoy a healthy lifestyle with weight loss…The Slim4Life way!
If you’re looking for a proven weight loss program that not only delivers fast results, but long term solutions for a happier, healthier and more active lifestyle, look no further than Slim4Life!
How is Slim4Life different than other weight loss programs?
Celebrating 40 years of promoting weight loss and healthy lifestyles, Slim4Life was designed by a team of medical doctors, nutritionists, and counseling psychologists. As a result, our holistic approach, encompassing one’s physical and emotional well-being, sets us apart in that we look at the whole picture in order to deliver true long-term solutions. Hence the name: Slim4Life!
What are the benefits of Slim4Life’s approach?
Our holistic approach at Slim4Life delivers three key benefits for your long term health and well-being:
- Physical: At Slim4Life, we analyze all aspects of an individual’s physical health, including current nutrition intake, medical history and more. Unlike many weight loss programs, we don’t believe in a cookie-cutter approach. Our programs are developed with your unique needs in mind in order to effectively manage your weight and maximize a healthy lifestyle, including increased energy and activity!
- Emotional: Understanding and healing from any underlying psychological issues can be essential to a person who is looking to make peace with themselves, their body, and food. Our highly trained and experienced counselors at Slim4Life are here to help you every step of the way to guide you through the program and answer any questions you may have. Your counselor will be available anytime and will be calling and emailing you on an ongoing basis to share their support, strategies, solutions – and encouragement.
- Social: Having the support of our counselors, in addition to family and friends, is essential to maintaining healthy relationships along with effective weight management. Setting appropriate boundaries, practicing honesty, and connecting to support are all integral to one’s well-being!
In addition to those important benefits, there are several reasons why Slim4Life puts the health and well-being of our clients at the top of the list when it comes to our weight loss program:
- Lower cholesterol. Being overweight is linked to high levels of LDL, which is the “bad” type of cholesterol. As LDL cholesterol circulates through your blood, it can deposit plaque in your arteries, narrowing them – which can lead to heart attack or stroke. The healthy components of the Slim4Life weight loss program are designed to increase your HDL cholesterol, which is the “good” type of cholesterol that stops LDL from depositing on your artery walls. Permanent weight loss can lower your cholesterol by more than 10%.
- Lower Blood Pressure. Blood pressure measures the pressure on your artery walls, so if you have plaque buildup in your arteries, your blood pressure will be high. Hypertension thickens the walls of the heart, leaving them stiff and prone to heart failure. As the heart works harder, blood vessels in the kidneys can be damaged, which can lead to kidney failure. Weight loss through a healthy diet and exercise will decrease your blood pressure, protecting your heart and kidneys.
- Reduced Risk for Heart Attacks. Excessive plaque buildup can result in dangerously narrowed arteries. In the case of a heart attack, your coronary artery becomes completely blocked, cutting off the oxygen that your heart muscle needs, with possibly fatal results. Weight loss the Slim4Life way can result in a greater than 50% risk reduction for heart attacks!
- Reduced Risk for Diabetes. The more excess weight on your body, the less sensitive your cells become to insulin, the hormone that manages the movement of sugar into your cells. Being overweight puts you at significant risk for developing type 2 diabetes, where your body’s cells become resistant to insulin and cannot function properly as a result. By controlling your weight, you will increase your response to insulin.
- Reduced Risk for Sleep Apnea. When you’re overweight, extra tissue thickens your windpipe wall, narrowing your airway. Consequently, the size of your tongue and tonsils become a threat to the narrowed airway – especially when you’re sleeping, and can cause a life-threatening condition known as sleep apnea. In sleep apnea, an unsuccessful effort to take in air results in a dangerously low oxygen level while you’re sleeping. Your brain shocks your body awake to keep you alive. If you have severe sleep apnea, you can be woken up hundreds of times a night. Losing weight will widen your windpipe, helping you sleep through the night and reduce your risk for developing sleep apnea.
- Reduced Joint Pain. Being overweight puts pressure on your joints. For each extra pound of excess weight on your body, you add three times that amount of pressure on your knees. This means that 10 extra pounds equates to 30 pounds of pressure grinding down. And when walking up stairs, multiply your extra weight by seven. Thirty pounds of pressure just became 70 pounds. Over time, this force wears away your cartilage, leaving an area of arthritis. Proper weight loss can result in as much as a 50% decrease in your odds of developing osteoarthritis.
- Reduced Risk for Cancer. Most people don’t know that obesity also increases the risk of cancer due to fat cells being highly active and releasing large amounts of hormones like estrogen, insulin, and insulin-like growth factors that can fuel many cancers. The risk for many types of cancers declines when you lose weight!
Call Slim4Life a convenient location today! 1-833-754-6863
For the sake of your health and well-being, we hope you’ll call Slim 4 Life today and get started on the permanent path to weight loss! With our guidance and counseling – and your commitment and dedication – we can make it happen. Together!